Save Money on Travel
Airline travel can be expensive, especially during the holiday season. Here are some tips and strategies for minimizing your travel costs.
- Prices vary, so try to be flexible in travel dates and check nearby airports.
- Try AirNinja.com. They will often display discount airlines that fly lesser known routes as well as checking major travel sites.
- Many airlines offer guarantees that their prices will always be cheapest on their websites, so try to book directly with the airline instead of through an aggregator.
- Sometimes a travel agent can find special rates, especially for international travel.
- Try naming your own price on Priceline.
- Find out if you are already covered through your current auto insurance. It might make sense to skip the insurance if you're already covered.
- Don't prepay for gas. Most likely you'll return the car with a half tank and end up spending a lot more.